- Assessment of the urban market, projects, volumes, companies involved.
- Market dynamics and drivers, specification requirements, routes to market.
- Biophilic design and Biophilia, using vegetation to improve workplace lifestyle.
Living Roof Systems
- Extensive and intensive living roof systems, including sedum and wildflower.
- Modular, refurbishment, pitched and metal systems, complex greening.
- Bio-diverse, brown and blue roof systems, water attenuation, storage.
Vertical greening systems
- Lightweight modular, pre-established hydroponic systems, planted on site options.
- Green screens, acoustic barriers, wire trained systems, green pillars, internal.
- Terminology, benefits and pit falls. Why do systems fail, management requirements
Landscape and ground cover systems
- Ground cover blankets, plant type and systems.
- Aftercare & irrigation requirements.
Living Roof Compatible Technology
- Green roof compatible edge protection, man safe and fall arrest systems, solar support pads, retention and separation details.
- Inspection chambers, stone borders and habitat construction, allowances.
- Wildflower diversity islands, sand islands, increased diversity, sustainability.
- Bird and fire protection products.
- Weights and loads, site, aspect, component selection.
- Species selection, aftercare & maintenance
Environmental and Ecological Drivers
- Vegetation selection and functional drivers.
- Focal Bio-diversity, Habitat provision / construction, Sustainability, Pollen and nectar foraging provision.
- Pollution filters, carbon sequestration, urban Biophilic design.
- Attenuation potential.
- Blue Roof systems, rain gardening.
- Storage and Harvesting, (walls and roofs).
- Irrigation and supplementary watering solutions, products and requirements.
- Acoustic, Insulation and U values performance
- Waterproofing products, solutions
- Design considerations, urban greening systems, site, logistics
- Planning support and allowances
- Ecological and bio-diversity
- Environmental performance, HAPs, VOCs and PM10 reduction and Biophilia
- Warranties & guarantees, strengthening specifications
- NHBC and regulatory bodies, GRO / FLL, BREEAM and Eco points
- Urban directives, BAPs and regional controls.
- Building a sustainable living roof system
- Component and product examination
- System and component compatibilities and incompatibilities
- Water management options
Full generic Q37 pack of roof and vertical systems, Presentation on USB drive, installation and aftercare guidelines, Planning, systems and guidance notes.